Sunday 4 November 2012

Female vocalists

My music is usually stuck on loop. That I've-just-bought-a-new-album sound that probably makes my housemates a bit sick of passing my room and hearing the same ceaseless songs. It takes me a good few days before growing bored of a good song - I can be named and shamed for my habit of incessant clicking on the YouTube repeat button. However, a few bands that have recently been the constant substance of the sound waves in my room are certainly worth a share. Rocky, poppy, indie bands (call it what you will) headed by women with rapturous vocals, in the footsteps of Stevie Nicks and Annie Lennox, seem to be catching my attention at the moment. Hitting notes that, if attempted by myself, could only be likened to chalk on a blackboard, but are beautiful from the throats of these ladies. Have a listen...

From the album My Head is an Animal


From the album Prisoner by The Jezabels

L x


No comments:

Post a Comment