Monday 25 October 2010

Who cares about chairs?

Chairs are defined as 'a stable, raised surface used to sit on, commonly for use by one person'.  Sounds pretty boring.  Well being a pretty sad person I actually find them really interesting.  If you've nearly fallen off your chair hearing that then I wouldn't bother reading on.

Chairs seem to embody everything that is right with design.  They fulfill a purpose, they are defined by shape and there are certain remits you have to work by designing one.  The Pinakothek der Moderne in Munich has a great range.  Now I know you're probably not on the edge of your seat with excitement from what you have read up to this point so I won't waste anymore of your time...

Here's the best of the Pinakothek's collection:

The Flag Halyard


The Wassily


 Sitzmachine


Swan Chair

Hope you enjoyed them as much as I did.

CA

No comments:

Post a Comment