Tuesday 26 November 2013

Pawel Kuczynski - Satirical Illustrator


I stumbled across this article the other day and have really enjoyed looking at this Polish artist's illustrations. Pawel Kuczynski produces these highly satirical, and often funny illustrations that can seem almost surrealist. It's been a while since I've seen an illustration that really provokes any emotion- I think I might be getting a bit bored of seeing so many generic, bright screen prints that seem to adorn the all the arty shops around Bristol. Of course I do have a soft spot for these, but sometimes they start to all look the same!

Here is an artist who can think up the most witty and profound ideas without relying simply on being crude or quirky. Not only does his work point at important political issues and comment ironically on society, they are also beautifully executed.

Here are some examples:









Sacha

No comments:

Post a Comment